Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Strange

A strange kind of silence slowly creeps
into the dark ruins of my mind
a kind of silence that’s almost deafening
bringing back to life, the memories I’ve left behind

Memories of an era gone by
memories!! Why can’t they just die
no matter how hard I try
they just keep coming back

all they do is haunt me
i desperately need to break free

And all of a sudden, out of nowhere
There you stand, with a queer stare
Those deep eyes so intense
That scream an unspoken silence

I so deeply yearn to know
What lurks behind that faded smile,
If not mine, let me just be content
By making your life worthwhile

But wait! I look around, what do I see
A million other faces, just like you and me
Strained by agony and disparity
Slowly drifting towards insanity

Is it really a mind game
Or is it something, nobody wants to name
No wonder, destiny is held responsible
Anytime, anything turns terrible

It’s a strange world that we live in
Every deed is deemed as an unforgiven sin
Each word is met with a scornful eye...

No comments: