Monday, December 3, 2007

Examination Blues!!

It seemed like eons had slipped past me since I ever took an exam. Well today was the day of sweet realization. Had my violin preliminary exam. And guess who were among the panel of distinguished judges?? Louis Banks (a very sweet chap.. a bit witty and tricky but helpful nonetheless), rather stern Sharon Prabhakar and Joe Alveraz. It was a long wait till I was called in. As opposed to me and my good ol’ pal Dhaval, all the other students were busy practicing and revising. We couldn’t as the violin sounds the loudest and trust me, it’s way too difficult to play it softly. As if that wasn’t enough there were these students practicing percussion with their drum-sticks. The faster they played, the higher went my blood pressure. In a fit of frenzy nervousness, called up my friend for distraction. He suggested an awesome idea which had me in splits in no time. Think of their percussion board as the face of the person whom I detest the most. So wouldn’t I want it to be hit harder with all the force? Well…that did it for me...and the very next minute I was called in the examination hall. Confidence was written all over my face. I would not bore you with all the nitty-gritties, but at the end of my exam, Louis Banks remarked… Good, Very Good..Keep it up and Practice!! :-)

3 comments:

Deepali said...

Congratulations :)

Akshay Surve said...

hey, is it related to the Xavietrs' pratice sessions you used to/do attend?

gr8 :)

Sunisha said...

No no... the Jan fest of Xaviers was only meant for attending.. I am learning violin at St. Andrews... this was one of their internal exams...