Thursday, December 13, 2007

I ain't scared enough.

It's been a long time since I scared the hell out of myself. So when I heard rave reviews, I jumped right out of my seat to watch it, come what may. Even went to the extent of begging for a pen drive to take the movie home. So there I was , creating the perfect ambience. Time: 11:15 p.m., Location : My bedroom (locked). Pitch dark and purposely had drawn out the curtains to add on to the spooky effect.

30 days of night has been filmed in an Alaskan town that has to spend a full month without sunlight. A rather cool concept and a unique setting. Just imagine, you wake up from your sleep and it's still dark....A great start when the sun begins to set... rather good, creepy, impending sense of dread... then the vampires attack and the film eventually dies a slow death, all thanks to stupid plot developments.
Anyways, to cut the long story short, the main drawback of the movie was that the movie's just plain NOT scary. Come to think of the vampires, they sure are pretty intimidating. Since if they spot you, there's a good chance that they are gonna rip you into little pieces with their teeth. But no frights, whatsoever.

No comments: