Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's in a name?

That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
So said the great Shakespeare. If only he had met me before making claiming such a thing. They call yours truly as SUNISHA KUNJAPPAN...the latter being my last name..not surname mind you!!..now Sunisha, interpreted in Sanskrit terminology as Su=Auspicious + Nisha= Night …Oh how I wish my folks had named me something like Suspicious Night..;-)Not that I don't like my name it's just the way people react to it...so often mistaken as Sunita (very often) Samiksha..duhhh.. Suneeksha... my 8th grade teacher used to address me as Sushmita. I do admire her but pleeease... That was the time when she was crowned Miss Universe.. so I guess it's not my teacher's fault after all.. and the worst is when they baptize me as Suni SHAH. not a gujju for heaven's sake. My ex-colleagues used to have this never ending discussion... pondering if I had to marry a Gujrati with the last name as Shah, so what would my name be... Sunisha Shah..ahem... Talk about worst case scenario, I actually bumped into a guy some few years ago... intelligent, suave, witty, charming and .... everything was perfect, I was completely, bowled over ... till he introduced himself.. Hi, SUNISH here.... duhhhh .. i could literally imagine falling off from the Alps...

4 comments:

Deepali said...

Hilariousssssssssssssssss

viggy said...

Good one

Sunisha said...

Hey Deepali...I think I forgot to mention the SINDY deluge...

Deepali said...

Haha ya in pinstorm that one did the round for quite a while hehe

I wonder how come we forgot-maybe it's time we start again :P