Thursday, October 18, 2007

To Heal is a Big Deal!

My mom had great expectations from me. She hoped that someday I would make her proud by becoming either a doctor or a teacher. These two in her opinion (and of a zillion other people) were supposed to be the noblest profession among all others. Patience has never been my forte which is why I decided against becoming a teacher. And as for choosing medicine, I found it too complicated a subject to pursue. Mathematics was easy as it never involved remembering too many names or theoretical studies. Just get the fundamentals right and Voila! you are done with it.
Coming to the point... the other day, I paid a visit to a dermatologist. One of my friends had recommended her name to me. Her assistant doctor asked me a series of questions. Though I had an appointment, I still had to wait a good 45 minutes before she saw me. A few medicines were prescribed, not to mention an list of diet restrictions... The clinic apparently had an in-house store from where I could get the medicines. I almost had a heart attack when the guy at the counter billed be a whopping Rs. 2000, not to mention the additional Rs.1200 as the consultation charges. Mannnn!!! that means almost Rs.200 for a minute... considering she spent just 7 minutes with me... Whatever happened to the school of thought that being a doctor meant NOBLENESS, healing the needy, serving mankind, working towards the betterment of the society, not drilling people's income..:-(

11 comments:

Amol Naik said...

Now you know! Why your mom wanted you to be a Doctor!

Sunisha said...

Well I had other plans in life than to spend 1/10th of it in the laboratory...dissecting, bisecting, trisecting.. :-p

Amol Naik said...

I Agree: “1/10th of it in the laboratory...dissecting, bisecting, trisecting.. “
But you will spend rest of life ...dissecting, bisecting, trisecting.. the pockets of your patient’s!!!

Sunisha said...

Precisely why you should read the last few lines of the blog AGAIN

Amol Naik said...

This is certainly not Sunisha. I think someone has hacked this blog, because Sunisha will never think like this…………………….

Sunisha said...

The only person i can think of who is capable of actually taking the efforts to do such a thing is YOU...Mr. Amol Vijay Naik - The SEO ENCYCLOPEDIA!!

Amol Naik said...

Oh…………….
It’s really you Sunisha!!!
You have changed a lot, since I saw you last time. ie.- 2 min ago.

Sunisha said...

YOU and the CHAMELEON are my inspiration...not necessarily in that order of course

Deepali said...

Hahaha - Amol you had that one comming. Don't forget Sunisha is a copyRIOTer.

Don't mess.

But I think Amol has a point. The advantages of being a doctor would be mindblowing - earning 200 bucks a minute....

Amol Naik said...

Forget Order!

I am your Inspiration!!

And I like Chameleon’s. They are beautiful!!!

viggy said...

YES it is true! but there are some exceptions... who took their profession to service the mankind!!
I met some of them.