Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love is a Four letter word:-D


With all the fuss about St.Valentine’s day, thought I’d take the road less traveled. Find below my favourite picks for anti-valentine songs. The whole idea was provoked by Vh1 this morning. Well since quite a few days, there was a major problem in the cable network reception at my home. It was sorted out last night. Every morning, my brother is in charge of the remote control. So he is tuned onto the news channel. The minute he leaves I jump onto Vh1. They have a morning classic rock session. But today was not the case. It started off with My heart will go on…Gosh I thought Titanic was the worst love story ever…4 hours…Damn! (No offence to the huge fan following) the song that followed were I will always love youuuuuuuuuuuu (Whitney Houston), Now and Forever by Richard Marx (still bearable) and then the dreadful Nothing’s gonna change my love for you… Talk about overdose of love… Without further delay, the songs I mentioned earlier:

The revengeful lover

My girl, my girl, don't lie to me
Tell me where did you sleep last night
In the pines, in the pines
Where the sun don't ever shine
I would shiver the whole night through
-Nirvana

The haunted lover
Every breath you take, Every move you make
Every bond you break, Every step you take
I'll be watching you
Every single day, Every word you say
Every game you play, Every night you stay
I'll be watching you
-Sting

The confused lover
No, I don't wanna loose you, But I don't wanna use you
Just to have somebody by my side. And I don't wanna hate you
I don't wanna take you But I don't wanna be the one to cry.
And it don't really matter To anyone anymore.
But like a fool I keep loosing my place
And I keep seeing you walk through the door.
There's a danger in loving somebody too much
And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
Baby, sometimes love just ain't enough.
- Patti Smith & don Henley

The desperate lover
So I cry, I pray and I beg
Love me love me
say that you love me
fool me fool me
go on and fool me
love me love me
pretend that you love me
leave me leave me
just say that you need me
Love me love me
say that you love me
leave me leave me
just say that you need me
I can't care 'bout anything but you...
- The Cardigans

The rational lover
You must understand though the touch of your hand
Makes my pulse react That it's only the thrill of boy meeting girl
Opposittes attract, It's physical, Only logical
You must try to ignore that it means more than that
What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a second hand emotion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken
- Tina Turner

5 comments:

hunnie said...

I hate this four letter word as much as i hate its significance... Its an amazing post though...

And since we're speaking about songs, i love this one - Maroon 5 (She will be loved) The video is goooooood!

And well, one more thing! Why do we only consider the conventional valentine boy-friend/girl-friend?

Cant my country be my valentine. My parents have loved me all my life? how bout that?

Sunisha said...

Thanks for the compliment:-D

She will be loved, I had it earlier.. . awesome song.

Come to think of it, Valentine's day is way too exaggerated. Why should love be celebrated only for one day..likewise Mother's Day & Father's day... Birthdays and anniversaries are still acceptable..

Dhaval Roy said...

Oye my twisted valentine! I have a dedication for you...

"Falak se jaake main sitare le aaun. Hasi uss jannat ke nazare le aaun. Meri mehbooba agar tu haan keh de. Jump in the air, jump in the air. jump. jump. jump.

SIGNAAAAAL PYAR KA SIGNAAAAAAL!"

Oh, remember another song "I hate everything about you" The most ultimate to dedicate to keep stoopid Val lovers at bay! Witty post again :D now read mine! Get going... and comment!

Sunisha said...

@ divisionbelle
!#@!#$%#@$^$&%&%*

Neelofer said...

hey this is coooooooool...I mean WOW thanks for the list :P