Tuesday, April 22, 2008

don’t hang up on me…



you had me at ‘hello’
so don’t hang up on me
i haven’t had enough of you
don’t think i ever will

your voice is the first thing
i wanna wake up to
your voice is the only thing
that sees me through the dark night

oh! you really had me at ‘Hello’

it’s funny, i used to change
my ring tones so that i could
reach out to answer any call
but now it’s mostly on silent mode
as i hold on to it
as if my life depended on it

it must be true when they say
‘you gotta choose your addictions wisely’

well! guess what??!!
am waiting to hear you say 'hello'

all my waking hours
are spent charging
maybe i’d run out of topics
but i surely don’t wanna drain the battery

keep talking. keep talking

i wanna hear the breath of your voice
i wanna hear the pulse of your silence

don’t hang up on me
not yet…

the teasing, the pleading
the sob stories, the amazing journeys
the silly jokes, the crazy dreams
what’s for dinner
what you wish was for dinner

i’m listening. i’m listening to them all.

don’t hang up on me…not yet
it hurts like hell
to not have you around

you amaze me
in every little thing you do
the souvenirs you collect
of our every visit
the way you sneak out
to say how much you love me
how you can just hold my hand
for hours at end
and yet not speak a word

don’t hang up on me
don’t EVER
‘cos i haven’t had enough of you
and i don’t think i ever will

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie whats up :-)
Looks like you are on a trip...

Very impressive! All the poems...

Good luck for the rest.

Sunisha said...

yes indeed... trip of a lifetime I'd say and I am enjoying every second of the joy ride... seem to have hit the right trigger this time.. hence the creative juices are flowing ;-)

thanks for the appreciation

Dhaval Roy said...

Lizard Queen! I can understand each and every emotion in this... and your passion comes through each and every syllable :) I could never express it so well and simply! Great job. Keep it up

Sunisha said...

Much thanks to you Division Belle...
You are among my best inspirations :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely jubbly!
Enjoy the ride of a lifetime :-)

Sunisha said...

Thanks man!!

Amol Naik said...

The person you are trying to call is not reachable please try later

The number you have dialed is incorrect please dial the correct number

The number you have dialed is unavailable please try later
The number you are trying is switched off.

Apan dial kelela number vyasth aahe krupya thodya velanantar punha prayatna kara

annucool15 said...

Wow Sunisha! I never knew you are such an amazing poet! It's really deep and beautiful. Wow! Are you a lyricist in the making?

Sunisha said...

Well,
always wanted to be a song writer, since I aint blessed with that fabulous a voice...

Thanks for the appreciation :-)