Monday, January 7, 2008

Rajdhani - Royalty Defined!


The other day I visited Rajdhani after a very long time. By far it is the best joint to savour vegetarian food. They specialize in Thaalis. Apart from the food, what I found most interesting is the hospitality of the staff. It's like a buffet system, but just that you don't have to help yourself, the waiters will serve you. Believe me when I say they pamper you to no end. Royalty is THE word. There are around 7 to 8 waiters tending you. Each is given the task of handling some 3 to 4 dishes. Now they do not converse with each other at all. They just raise their hands and indicate the number to be served at any particular table. Very unique and interesting, need I add.

5 comments:

Deepali said...

Where is the place?

Sunisha said...

I visited the one at Inorbit Mall, Malad. I believe the original one at Kalbadevi is even better. Don't know the whereabouts exactly. But do visit it, if you get a chance.

Unknown said...

It reminds me of this restaurant called Annapoorna in chennai. Actually its a chain restaurant, They serve awesome food, pure veg and anyone can volunteer to serve. All the money goes to charity.

They totally pamper you. The food is served in silver plates and spoons. People like chairman, CEOs serve you food. We can leave how much ever money we want for the food. But I'm not sure how it is now.

Sunisha said...

Yeah I have heard about it from Viggy... Idoubt if I will ever go to Chennai.

Unknown said...

C'mon you should come to Chennai sometime. Now you have more than one host at Chennai and thats more than enough a reason to visit the place :-)